- Grass seed mix contains 50% Kentucky Bluegrass, 40% Creeping Red Fescue, and 10% Perennial Ryegrass.
- Kentucky Bluegrass is great for wear tolerance, vigorous recuperative ability, and broad-based disease resistance while maintaining high summer density.
- Creeping Red Fescue provides germination, tolerance, and durability in shaded areas.
- Perennial Ryegrass provides rapid germination, wear resistance, recuperative ability, as well as winter hardiness and transition zone adaption.
- Contractor's Mixture is an all purpose seed mixture perfect for anyone looking to have a great looking lawn and landscape by offering a grass seed blend that provides shade tolerance and wear tolerance.
- 4 lbs per 1,000 sq. ft. (ex. if you have 10,000 sq ft to seed, purchase a 40 lb bag)
- When seeding new lawn and/or overseeding existing lawn, use with starter fertilizer.
When to apply:
- Spring and fall (60°F and 80°F) are the best times to seed, but can be used anytime during the growing season applicable to your region.
- Grass seed germinates when soil temperatures are consistently above 50°F. This roughly corresponds to daytime air temperatures between 60°F to 75°F.
- If grass seed is applied in fall, any ungerminated grass seeds will remain dormant throughout winter, then germinate when soil temperatures reach 50°F in spring.
What to Expect:
- Germination of the grass seed mixture will start between 10-14 days and continue through 21 days. Grass seed will continue to thicken throughout growing season.
- Any purchase smaller than 50 lbs will be repackaged into a resealable bag.
- As leaders in turfgrass research, breeding and production, Jacklin Seed offers the expertise and innovation that golf courses and sod farms value.
- For more info from the manufacturers, visit: http://www.simplot.com/turf_horticulture/jacklin_seed
Jacklin Contractor's Mixture (50% Bluegrass, 40% Fescue & 10% Ryegrass)