Blue Magic Overseed is a premium mixture of grass seed containing 70% Kentucky Bluegrass and 30% Perennial Ryegrass. Although the name implies overseeding, it is also great for establishing a new lawn. 30% Perennial Ryegrass allows for quick germination while the 70% Kentucky Bluegrass will fill in overtime providing a complete lawn. It is great for overseeding and establishing a lawn for residential and commercial lawns as well as athletic fields and golf course roughs.
Blue Magic Overseed is a premium mixture of grass seed containing 70% Kentucky Bluegrass and 30% Perennial Ryegrass. Although the name implies overseeding, it is also great for establishing a new lawn.
Kentucky Bluegrass is great for wear tolerance, vigorous recuperative ability, and broad-based disease resistance while maintaining high summer density.
Perennial Ryegrass provides rapid germination, wear resistance, recuperative ability, as well as winter hardiness and transition zone adaption.
Use on residential lawns, athletic fields, municipal and community parks, golf course roughs, and other high-traffic areas.
- 2.5 lbs per 1,000 sq. ft. (ex. if you have 10,000 sq ft to seed, purchase a 25 lb bag).
- When seeding new lawn and/or overseeding existing lawn, use with starter fertilizer.
When To Apply:
- Spring and fall, between 60°F and 80°F, are the best times to seed, but can be used anytime during the growing season, applicable to your region.
- Grass seed germinates when soil temperatures are consistently above 50°F. This roughly corresponds to daytime air temperatures between 60°F and 75°F.
- If grass seed is applied in fall, any ungerminated grass seeds will remain dormant throughout winter, then germinate when soil temperatures reach 50°F in spring.
- Perennial Ryegrass will germinate between 5-7 days and Kentucky Bluegrass will germinate between 14-21 days. Grass seed will continue to thicken throughout growing season.