Prime Time 90/10 Mixture contains 90% Tall Fescue & 10% Kentucky Bluegrass. This premium turfgrass seed is ideal for new lawns, as well as overseeding current lawns. Prime Time 90/10 Mixture is drought and heat tolerant, traffic tolerant, has an elite dark green color, is ideal for both sunny and shady lawn areas, and has good brown patch resistance. Its shorter growing quality means less mowing for you!
Tall Fescue performs well in sun or shade, is great for high traffic areas, has a speedy germination time, and is adaptable to many environmental sites.
Kentucky Bluegrass is great for wear tolerance, vigorous recuperative ability, and broad-based disease resistance while maintaining high summer density.
Use on residential lawns, athletic fields, municipal and community parks, golf courses, and other high-traffic areas.
New Lawn Application Rate:
- 8 – 10lbs per 1,000 sq. ft. (340lbs – 425lbs per Acre). When seeding new lawn, use with a starter fertilizer.
Overseeding Application Rate:
- 4lbs per 1,000 sq. ft. (170lbs per Acre). When overseeding, use with a starter fertilizer.
When to Apply:
- Spring and fall, between 60°F and 80°F, are the best times to seed, but can be used anytime during the growing season, applicable to your region.
- Grass seed germinates when soil temperatures are consistently above 50°F. This roughly corresponds to daytime air temperatures between 60°F and 75°F.
- If grass seed is applied in fall, any ungerminated grass seeds will remain dormant throughout winter, then germinate when soil temperatures reach 50°F in spring.
- Germination of the grass seed mixture will start between 14-17 days. Grass seed will continue to thicken throughout growing season.