Rx Perennial Ryegrass blend contains 100% Perennial Ryegrass. This blend is perfect for anyone looking to have a great looking lawn and landscape by offering a grass seed blend that reflects light better than most grasses, giving it an attractive shine. Other benefits include rapid germination and great wear tolerance for high traffic areas.
Rx Perennial Ryegrass seed blend contains 100% Perennial Ryegrass. It is a cost-effective grass seed that is great for winter overseeding residential lawns in the southern United States.
Perennial Ryegrass provides rapid germination, wear resistance, recuperative ability, as well as winter hardiness and transition zone adaption.
Use on residential lawns or municipal and community parks that receive less than optimal maintenance.
- 5 lbs per 1,000 sq. ft. (ex. if you have 10,000 sq ft to seed, purchase a 50 lb bag).
- When seeding new lawn and/or overseeding existing lawn, use with starter fertilizer.
When To Apply:
- Spring and fall, between 60°F and 80°F, are the best times to seed, but can be used anytime during the growing season, applicable to your region.
- Grass seed germinates when soil temperatures are consistently above 50°F. This roughly corresponds to daytime air temperatures between 60°F and 75°F.
- If grass seed is applied in fall, any ungerminated grass seeds will remain dormant throughout winter, then germinate when soil temperatures reach 50°F in spring.
- Perennial Ryegrass will germinate between 5-7 days. Grass seed will continue to thicken throughout growing season.
- Any purchase smaller than 50 lbs will be repackaged into a resealable bag.