- Grass seed mix contains 100% Kentucky Bluegrass. Three different Kentucky Bluegrasses speciality selected to provide peak performance in a wide variety of climates while offering superior disease resistance with a quick spring green-up.
- Kentucky Bluegrass is great for wear tolerance, vigorous recuperative ability, and broad-based disease resistance while maintaining high summer density.
- Great for residential lawns, parks, golf courses, athletic fields or any area where you want high quality, golf-course look.
- 2.5 lbs per 1,000 sq. ft. (ex. if you have 10,000 sq ft to seed, purchase a 25 lbs bag)
- When seeding new lawn and/or overseeding existing lawn, use with starter fertilizer.
When to apply:
- Spring and fall (60°F and 80°F) are the best times to seed, but can be used anytime during the growing season applicable to your region.
- Grass seed germinates when soil temperatures are consistently above 50°F. This roughly corresponds to daytime air temperatures between 60°F to 75°F.
- If grass seed is applied in fall, any ungerminated grass seeds will remain dormant throughout winter, then germinate when soil temperatures reach 50°F in spring.
What to Expect:
- Kentucky Bluegrass will germinate between 14-21 days. Grass seed will continue to thicken throughout growing season.
- Any purchase smaller than 50 lbs will be repackaged into a resealable bag.
- As leaders in turfgrass research, breeding and production, Jacklin Seed by Simplot offers the expertise and innovation that golf courses and sod farms value.
- For more info from the manufacturers, visit: https://www.barusa.com/professional-turf/jacklin-seed
Jacklin Blue Genes (100% Kentucky Bluegrass)